Cayman Medical's Supplemental Code of Ethics
- Full transparency in billing
- Careful adherence to standard health insurance fees
- Ethical selection of investigations, treatments, and referrals
- Reasonable follow-up scheduling
- Accurate proficiency representation
1. We pledge to provide transparency with our billing practices - you will never be billed for a procedure that has not been discussed and agreed upon with you.
Example: You will not receive testing that we did not fully describe beforehand.
2. We pledge to never overbill for our services.
Example: We only bill appropriate fees as specified by the Cayman Islands Insurance Association's Standard Health Insurance Fees.
3. We pledge to practice the ethical selection of investigations, treatments, and referrals that are driven by evidence-based medicine and respect for your financial resources.
Example: In cases of average-risk colon cancer screening, we will explain that two evidence-based options exist (stool testing and colonoscopy), each with its own risks and benefits and engage you in shared-decision making before ordering any testing.
4. We pledge to recommend scheduling of follow-up appointments that delivers appropriate care without undue burden on your financial resources.
Example: We will not require frequent follow-up appointments that are unwarranted.
5. We agree to accurately represent Medical Board certification in such a way that would be allowed in the home country where such board certification is currently maintained.
Example: We proudly display our up-to-date credentials in our offices and can provide copies upon request.
Full Scope Family Medicine with Care for All Ages in the Cayman Islands
FAMILY MEDICINE AND URGENT CARE
Dr. Kwinter has extensive experience working in a rural general practice, which included his own family medicine clinic and a regional single-physician emergency department. He provides comprehensive medical care for all people, ages, and presentations.
Dr. Kwinter's services include:
Dr. Kwinter invites you to make an appointment to meet him in his clinic and to see how he can help ensure you achieve your health goals.